Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meet BUGGS THA ROCKA....



Being that us AAMP ladies are originally from Cincinnati, OH, we had to bring you guys some raw "Cincy" talent. Get to know Mr. "Rockaboy" himself in the interview below...



AAMP:  Buggs, Thanks for chatting with us!  Allow the readers to get to know you, tell me a little bit about yourself.

BUGGS: I am a genius, I am musician, I am a father, I am fearless, I am from Cincinnati, Ohio I am Buggs Tha Rocka 

AAMP: At what age did you start doing music?


BUGGS: Since the age of 5 I been into music and as I got older my passion for music grew as well.

AAMP: What does music mean to you? How would you describe your music?


BUGGS: Music means everything to me, I don't I could live without honestly I couldn't see myself doing anything but music it completes me. I would compare my music to Blueberry pancakes with freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning on an empty stomach; it has substance, flavor & made with soul from the heart.

AAMP:  Tell me who some of your musical influences are.


BUGGS: Any-one who makes good music who is a creator, innovator pushing the boundaries of music. I have too many artists that I get inspiration from to name but I want to be hip-hop's modern day Marvin Gaye.  





 
      Buggs with Rapper Common (1st pic) ; with Rihanna (2nd pic)

AAMP: What is your favorite song you’ve recorded? 

BUGGS: I love all my records because all capture a certain energy in that exact moment in time when I was writing it.

AAMP:  Describe the process you go through to write a song.


BUGGS: I usually listen to the track a few times find a melody, then some-how I find the words no exact formula it's hard to describe in words but that's maybe because I'm not suppose to its a gift from the creator.  

AAMP:  How do you describe yourself as an "artist"?


BUGGS: Unorthodox prophet, versatile lyricist who speaks from the heart who pushes honest thought provoking poetry.

AAMP: Do you think you are misunderstood?


BUGGS: I can't narrow it down but a lot is misunderstood about me in general. I feel people only scratch the surface with me they never go beyond.


AAMP:  How do you prep for a show?


BUGGS: Usually I create a script and figure out the songs of mine to act as a soundtrack I want to make it like you’re watching a movie musical where its entertaining and its experience rather me just come out and rap some songs to the people. I just go over my set a couple times practice until the show so I stay sharp.

AAMP: Tells us about Buggs in the next 5 years?


BUGGS: I honestly just wanna make good music my goals are to just keep elevating my music taking it to the next level every project. In the next five years I see myself touring world-wide and cranking out some chart topping records just looking at great results from the ground work I'm putting in today. 


AAMP Where can people buy/hear your music?


BUGGS: www.BuggsThaRocka.bandcamp.com or for Gold Shoes music you can go on I-tunes

Follow Buggs on twitter @Rockaboy








No comments:

Post a Comment